The 2021 Vermont Legislative Session is now under way, and we have a bold and ambitious agenda to confront head on the systemic racism and inequities that have brought us to this moment, and to lead freedom forward, for ALL of us. That includes:
- Racial justice – Require data collection and analysis to address persistent racial disparities in Vermont’s criminal legal system, among other important racial justice initiatives.
- Police reform – Advance our ten-point plan to reimagine policing in Vermont, including eliminating qualified immunity; removing police from schools; and strengthening community oversight of law enforcement.TAKE ACTION
- Criminal law reform – Build on recent progress towards a criminal legal system that is more just, equitable, and rooted in community-based solutions, including funding the recommendations of the Justice Reinvestment Working Group.TAKE ACTION
- Voting rights – Ensure that universal vote by mail becomes a permanent fixture in future elections.
- Reproductive liberty – Pass Proposition 5 and move Vermont closer to becoming the first state in the country to explicitly protect reproductive freedom in its constitution.